Keyring storage

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 13 09:31:02 CET 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, JP Sugarbroad wrote:

> Are there any plans to move to a database-style approach for storing
> keys again? I really need to store 500-1000 keys and have them rapidly
> accessed for --verify.

Sure.  I have started with this in gpg 1.1 but due to urgend
requirement in the stable version, I can't tell wyou when this is
ready.

I am currently trying to get the key selection stuff in 1.0 right.
There is new code (actually backported from 1.1) in the CVS but it
has only passed the most basic tests yet.

I'd really like to start working on 1.1 again but before that 1.0.5
has to be released.

Werner Koch                                              <wk at gnupg.org>
GNU Privacy Guard                                (http://www.gnupg.org)
Free Software Foundation Europe              (http://www.fsfeurope.org)
           [Please see X-* mail header for OpenPGP key info]