gnupg windows installer

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Thu Jan 4 14:18:59 CET 2001

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 01:01:51PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
>
> > And it is not trivial. Please have a look on the installer
>
> Replacing one character by another is trivial.

doy you mean to force novice users to pick up the keyboard
and replace \ by / manually? I hope you don't.

> > modify InnoSetup. It is written in Delphi, a language I have
> > successfully avoided all my life :-)
> > I don't have a Compiler anyway.
>
> We must be able to compile InnoSetup - we simply can't rely on a
> binary produced by someone else.  There is no way around.  Peter
> should know how to compile it using gpc.

In what way does InnoSetup means a threat to gnupg?
If InnoSetup would wrap installed programs with some evil code
people would already have identified this.
I doubt the-one-who-compile-InnoSetup has waited for gnupg
to specifically infect this tool.

	Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/