Wrapped main

Jonathan Hayward jshayward at pobox.com
Fri Jul 13 19:51:01 CEST 2001

I'm working on a Tcl extention that will wrap gpg, and I'm having
difficulty getting e.g. gpg --help to work.  If I add my own code to the
(renamed) main to print out options, and use Tcl to call gpg --help, it
prints out --help, but the behavior of gpg is the same as if I hadn't
specified any options.

When I tried, on the command line, cat | gpg --help | cat (to see if gpg
behaved differently depending on whether I/O was tty-based), it was
almost the same as gpg --help (almost = waited for me to hit enter
before continuing).  I'm essentially calling the main from within
another program--are you aware of anything that would behave differently
in that context, or toes that I could be stepping on?

--
Jonathan Hayward
jshayward at pobox.com
http://JonathansCorner.com