Photo ID patch

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sun Jul 29 00:26:01 CEST 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 06:55:33PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> David Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> writes:

> >> You can't do that. xv is not free software.
> >
> > I can't mention the *name* of non-free software?
>
> Yes, actually this is one of the rules for software which wants to be
> part of the GNU project.  In some way, your patch *recommends* to use
> non-free software (or assumes that the user is using it in conjunction
> with GnuPG, which comes close to a recommendation), which goes further
> than just mentioning it.
>
> This may sound quite harsh, but I haven't made the rules for software
> in the GNU Project. :-/

I swear I thought you were joking.. okay, I'll make the default
something else.

Can someone suggest a free image viewer?  I'd use "ee", but it doesn't
seem to permit setting its title bar to the key ID or fingerprint,
which I think is pretty important.  Since someone may be signing the
photo ID based on this display, I want to make sure the keyid and/or
fingerprint is extremely visible and clear on the same window that
displays the photo.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/