question

Prudence Jenwen Huang jenwen_huang at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 05:06:02 CEST 2001

To whom it may concern,
We have installed GNU Private Guard 1.0 on AIX
4.3.3.0,
but when we start to generate the first public key
using gpg --gen-key command, we get the following
message:
gpg: keyblock resource `/home/ron/.gnupg': file open
error
gpg: can add keyblock file
`/home/ron/.gnupg/pubring.gpg'
Key generation failed: file create error
gpg: can't create `/home/ron/.gnupg/random_seed': A
file or directory in the
path name does not exist.
When we verify any supplied signature using command:
gpg --verify gnupg-x.y.z.tar.gz.asc, we get the
following message:
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: keyblock resource `/home/ron/.gnupg': file open
error
gpg: keyblock resource `/home/ron/.gnupg': file open
error
gpg: can't open `gnupg-x.y.z.tar.gz.asc'
gpg: verify signatures failed: file open error

We can not find file .gnupg anywhere after GNU PG is
installed.
Here is a list of lpps that we installed:
freeware.gnu.pg.rte
freeware.gnu.gdbm.rte
freeware.gnu.gettext.rte
freeware.zlib.rte
Do we miss any lpp?
Please advise.  Your early assistance to this matter
is highly appreciated.
Regards,
Prudence