W32 version - no long filenames

Sven Neuhaus sn at neopoly.com
Tue Jul 31 12:13:01 CEST 2001

Hi,

I installed gnupg 1.0.6 on W98 yesterday and had some problems. I
added the registry entries as described in the readme and copied
the de.mo file. However, gnupg still gave english output.
After some experimenting, I found out that using the old 8.3 filenames
made it work ("c:/progra~1/gnupg" instead of "c:/programme/gnupg").

It's either a bug in GnuPG (doesn't grok long filenames),
incomplete documentation or both :-)

Is this a known bug?

Cheers,
-Sven
--
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

Space is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen to you.