Looking for feedback on Passive Privacy System

Aaron Sherman ajs at ajs.com
Thu Mar 15 17:46:06 CET 2001

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 11:33:25AM +0000, Robin O'Leary wrote:

> The Passive Privacy System proposal only considers the key exchange
> process.  It is hard to see how the key exchange protocol could make an
> initial offer, having no shared knowledge, while also being undetectable.
> So the key exchange has to be open.  What you do with the keys then is
> up to you and correctly not specified by PPS.

Gee, I feel kind of odd. PPS *does* require that encryption be performed
after initial key-exchange. This is the point of PPS: universal
encryption of all email. Check out the FAQ at
http://www.ajs.com/~ajs/pps/faq.html (more a Frequently *Anticipated*
Questions list than anything, at this point).

--
Aaron Sherman
ajs at ajs.com		finger ajskey at b5.ajs.com for GPG info. Fingerprint: