I dont like stgano and serch for a free GPG API

Bernd Eckenfels lists at lina.inka.de
Sat Mar 17 23:25:07 CET 2001

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 01:53:26PM -0800, tftp wrote:
> That is good. Shakespeare wrote enough, and it is legal for you to
> send me any of his works, one scene at a time :-)

If it is illegal to do Crypto Steganography won't realy help you. You can
still get a House-Searching, and if illegal Software is found you are
hossed. If you get realy observed and you send a lot of meaningless
shakespear texts or images thepolice wont be so dump and try to find the
cryptd messages in it. They simply record your voice/computer or look on
your harddisk.

I dont see realy good use for stegano here at all. It is much better to work
on a politics level against those big brother law.

That said, I beg your pardon for writing on a GPG Devel List about Politics
and hope we wont continue the discussion about steganography here.

To make my post somewhat On-Topic again: is anybody working/aware of a LGPG
or equally free API Implementation? Currently I'm working on a Key Managemnt
Module in Java for a commercial Product. Most likely I willi use Cryptix PGP.

It will contain a Wizard to accept/sign new Keys. It will enforce the
Operator to actually enter the fingerprint and then sign the Key if it
matches. This should guide the User a bit more in beeing secure (I observed
a few customers, thats why I think it is important to do it that way).

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels at Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --
  o--o     *plush*  2048/93600EFD  eckes at irc  +497257930613  BE5-RIPE