integrating GPG with deniable steganography

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Tue Mar 20 18:06:03 CET 2001

"Marlow, Andrew (London)" <MarloAnd at exchange.uk.ml.com> writes:

> 	I still think that deniable steg is possible and other posts on this
> thread seem to agree. But it is hard and we are in the early stages of
> exploration.

Some problems can be solved, I agree.  But the publicly available
technology is not sufficient advanced to defeat the UK R.I.P.
requirements, at least for communication.  If one end decides to
reveal part of a message, the other end is affected, too (perhaps s/he
has claimed that the message was in fact just noise---oops).

As far as I can see, there's no way to avoid a prisoner's dilemma
situation.