integrating GPG with deniable steganography

Marlow, Andrew (London) MarloAnd at exchange.uk.ml.com
Thu Mar 22 13:24:04 CET 2001

	[Marlow, Andrew (London)]  Pardon? I don't understand. This thread
started when I said that I want to see a way of integrating GPG with
deniable steg. This means it is encrypted first, then steg is used to hide
the fact that encryption is used. This is because RIP (an anti-encryption
law recently passed in the UK) makes users of public key cryptography
potential suspects. Wendy the warden (who is Mallory???) can see the message
that carries the GPG msg, and because she has knowledge of all steg
algorithms she can extract the message. But she has to prove that it *is* a
GPG msg. The GPG headers and trailers will be absent. Only the body can be
recovered and Bob and Alice will argue that bytes likes these can be
'recovered' from any ASCII file that does not have constant spacing between
the words.