Patch for multiple keyserver support

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 1 21:35:02 CEST 2001

"Matthias Urlichs" <smurf at noris.de> writes:

>Dave Dykstra:
>> connect(), check for EINPROGRESS from the connect(), and then do a select()
>> for writability on the fd with a timeout of however long you want.  Note
>> that if the connection is then refused it will come as an error message
>> from the next read() or write().  Some older systems may not have
>
>You can also check with getpeername(), which will fail when the socket
>isn't connected.

I missed the start of this but I assume it's a discussion of portable
nonblocking socket code, I wrote my own wrappers for this which work under
every Unix I've been able to get my hands on as well as Win32, if whoever's
working on this for GPG wants the code they can grab it from the latest
cryptlib version, ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/crypt/cryptlib/beta/cl30beta05.zip,
as misc/net_tcp.c.

Peter.