GnuPG can't handle some V3 secret keys

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Fri May 4 21:07:02 CEST 2001

In article <tgd79p2jfy.fsf at mercury.rus.uni-stuttgart.de>,
   Florian Weimer <Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE> wrote:
> Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:

> > I know about this but there is no need to be worried about it
> > because about all modern OSes will SEGV on a NULL pointer
> > dereference without a way to exploit it.

> This is only true for write operations, BTW.  Some vendors use a
> readable zero page for optimizations...

Namely RISC OS does this. So I should at least fix this in my RISC OS
port.

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon at sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
 PGP 2.6 and GnuPG (OpenPGP) keys available from my home page

 We must proactively pursue enterprise-wide catalysts for change in
 order to efficiently foster long-term high-impact methods of
 empowerment to meet our deadlines.