GPG agent for W32

Timo Schulz twoaday at freakmail.de
Sun May 13 22:12:01 CEST 2001

On Sun May 13 2001, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> you need to think about securing the access to the agent anyway. One bad
> thing about TCP sockets is, that you cant to credential passing as you can
> do with other IPCs like Unix-Domain or Named Pipes.

The only problem with extra security or an additional authentification
is that the GPG code also needs to implement it. It bloats up the code
if we need to add schemes for W98 and WNT/W2K. In my opionion there is
no easy solution for Windoze. As a result currently the agent is only
useable for single user machines.

Perhaps somebody knows a better solution, then please let me know ;-).

Timo

--
Two-a-Day at WinPT.org    keyid BF3DF9B4    http://www.WinPT.org