make check fails 1.0.5

Clinton Hogge clint at western.net
Mon May 21 20:37:01 CEST 2001

Hello,

>I'm trying to build 1.0.5 on Linux 2.4.3 for the Power PC.

Following up to my own question... at least for me, gnupg (1.0.4 and 1.0.5)
has trouble dynamically loading any of its libraries (tiger, rndegd,
rndunix) under Linux 2.4.3. It runs fine under 2.2.18 and 2.2.19.

Would this be a kernel bug, an option I don't have compiled in, a Power PC
specific issue, or something else? I'm going to upgrade to at least 2.4.4
and see if that helps.

For anyone running 2.4.x, here's a simple test to run...

$gpg --load-extension tiger --version

Under 2.4.3, I randomly get one of the following errors (occasionally the
library loads, too):

Illegal instruction
Segmentation fault
Aborted