gpgme -- What is the purpose of cb_value in gpgme_set_passphrase_cb?

andres at corrada.com andres at corrada.com
Thu May 24 20:33:01 CEST 2001

Hello,

I'm finishing some Python bindings to gpgme and I'm running into a problem
with decryption (gpgme_op_decrypt).

Since I'm able to do encryption, I'm assuming that my problem may be related
to my understanding of gpgme_set_passphrase_cb(..., cb_value).

My wrapper code works okay if I set cb_value to NULL, such as is done in
t_sign.c.

I see, however, that in t_decrypt.c cb_value is set to a struct
passphrase_cb_info_s pointer when calling gpgme_set_passphrase_cb.

Why the difference? And what is the purpose of cb_value?

For the record, my python call to gpgme_op_encrypt fails with the message:

"Decryption Failed"

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel   Email: andres at corrada.com
Internet Programming      http://www.mamey.com