glitches building gnupg 1.0.6 (GMSGFMT, expired test key, non-executable test)

Jeffery von Ronne jronne at ics.uci.edu
Tue May 29 15:19:01 CEST 2001

I just built gnupg 1.0.6 on a Solaris 7 system and I ran into a few
glitches:

I had to modify po/Makefile to remove the --statistics from the
$(GMSGFMT) command.  (Both GMSGFMT and MSGFMT end up /usr/bin/msgfmt.)
Either the --statitistics should be removed or ./configure needs some
(better?) logic to determine if it is supported.

One of the secret keys used by 'make check', 9D266E0F, is expired.
(It looks like it is used by decrypt.test.)

checks/multisig.test wasn't end up executable.
(A side effect of using using the patch instead of the tar file?)

I also ended up without gpg/gpgv manpages because I don't have a
"docbook-to-man".

--
Jeffery von Ronne <jronne at ics.uci.edu>
Graduate Student