Compile problems with 1.0.6

Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Wed May 30 19:11:01 CEST 2001

gnupg-devel at thewrittenword.com writes:

> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 12:05:07AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > gnupg-devel at thewrittenword.com writes:
> >
> > > 1. Don't place a comma after the last item in an enum list in
> > >    include/http.h
> >
> > Hmm, this is now valid C code, but the previous standard didn't allow
> > it.
>
> So, with C89 it's invalid but with C99 it is valid?

Yes, that's correct.  At least it's listed in the changes list at the
beginning of C99.

> And, should we really be programming for C99?

Well, that depends on our goals.  For example, Emacs has to be
implemented in K&R C in order to have it available on a multitude of
platforms.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/