Compile problems with 1.0.6

Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Wed May 30 19:56:01 CEST 2001

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:

> On Wed, 30 May 2001, Florian Weimer wrote:
>
> > Well, that depends on our goals.  For example, Emacs has to be
> > implemented in K&R C in order to have it available on a multitude of
> > platforms.
>
> IMHO this is not so important anymore.  At least one version of gcc
> is running on each platform and this one can be used too bootstrap
> a development platform.

I think it's not clear that the latest version of GCC running on such
platforms supports C99.  Current GCC support on some common targets is
quite bit poor.

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/