[Announce] A new GnuPG snapshot (unstable)

Len Sassaman rabbi at quickie.net
Tue Nov 6 21:33:02 CET 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Janusz A. Urbanowicz wrote:

> I think a good example is a 'designated' key certification service like
> those that Thawte ran to sign PGP keys. Their ID validation procedure is
> strong and the key may be trusted introducer.

Actually, Thawte's entire PGP signing system was pretty silly. They had
the right basic idea, but totally flubbed on the details.

(There's a thread on this ~ december 1999 on the Cryptography list with
the subject of "Food for Thawte," if you want to read up on what was wrong
with their system.)

--

Len Sassaman

Security Architect            |  "Now it's all change --
Technology Consultant         |   It's got to change more."

http://sion.quickie.net       |              --Joe Jackson