No warning on 'gpg -a -o somewhere.gpg -s -r someone <file>'

Pascal Scheffers Pascal at Scheffers.net
Wed Nov 7 09:26:01 CET 2001

Hi,

If I specify recipients on the command line, it does not imply
encryption and it does not give a warning or error. I think this is
dangerous behaviour, as the output file in the above sample is armored,
so I cannot visually confirm wether it is encrypted or not...

This is 1.0.6 behaviour, but I could not find anything in the change log
to suggest it is fixed the current proviews.

Shall I write a patch for this?

Pascal.