another problem with 1.0.6b

Janusz A. Urbanowicz alex at bofh.torun.pl
Thu Nov 8 12:01:01 CET 2001

:alex at sword:[~]:179:> gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.6b
[]
Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, RIJNDAEL, RIJNDAEL192, RIJNDAEL256,
TWOFISH
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG

I have this key: 27C81BC9 - this is a RSA key created with pgp 2.6. I have a
secret key for this:

:alex at sword:[~]:181:> gpg --list-secret-keys  flatline
gpg: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpg: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpg: used in a production environment or with production keys!
sec  1024R/27C81BC9 1994-01-05 Janusz A. Urbanowicz (BOFH) <alex at bofh.org.pl>
uid                            Janusz Aleksander Urbanowicz <alex at bofh.torun.pl>

and its visible as public key:

:alex at sword:[~]:188:> gpg -kv 27C81BC9
gpg: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpg: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpg: used in a production environment or with production keys!
pub  1024R/27C81BC9 1994-01-05 Janusz A. Urbanowicz (BOFH)
<alex at bofh.org.pl>
uid                            Janusz Aleksander Urbanowicz
<alex at bofh.torun.pl>

I can encrypt and decrypt with it:

:alex at sword:[~]:189:> gpg gahelp.gpg
gpg: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpg: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpg: used in a production environment or with production keys!

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Janusz A. Urbanowicz (BOFH) <alex at bofh.org.pl>"
1024-bit RSA key, ID 27C81BC9, created 1994-01-05

[passphrase and decryption follow]

But I am unable to edit the key properly:

:alex at sword:[~]:197:> gpg --edit-key 27C81BC9
gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.6b; Copyright (C) 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

gpg: NOTE: THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION!
gpg: It is only intended for test purposes and should NOT be
gpg: used in a production environment or with production keys!

pub  1024R/27C81BC9  created: 1994-01-05 expires: never      trust: u/u
(1)  [revoked] Janusz A. Urbanowicz <flatline at mat.uni.torun.pl>
(2)  [revoked] Janusz A. Urbanowicz <flatline at ipx1.mat.uni.torun.pl>
(3)  [revoked] Janusz A. Urbanowicz <alex at pec.torun.pl>
(4)  [revoked] Janusz A. Urbanowicz <alex at cc.uni.torun.pl>
(5)  Janusz Aleksander Urbanowicz <alex at bofh.torun.pl>
(6). Janusz A. Urbanowicz (BOFH) <alex at bofh.org.pl>
(7)  [revoked] Janusz A. Urbanowicz <alexu at nc-virtual.pl>

Command> passwd
Need the secret key to do this.

Command> toggle
Need the secret key to do this.

It behaves as I would not have secret key for this key (which I have).

Alex
Janusz A. Urbanowicz | ALEX3-RIPE | SF-Framling | Thawte Web Of Trust Notary

Gdy daję biednym chleb, nazywają mnie świętym. Gdy pytam,
dlaczego biedni nie mają chleba, nazywają mnie komunistą. - abp. Helder Camara