No warning on 'gpg -a -o somewhere.gpg -s -r someone <file>'

Len Sassaman rabbi at quickie.net
Fri Nov 9 08:26:01 CET 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Werner Koch wrote:

> On 07 Nov 2001 11:37:52 +0100, Pascal Scheffers said:
>
> > I have some other questions. Does GnuPG do 'meta-introducers'? Like PGP
> > 7 where you can have an introducer-of-introducers.
>
> No.

Why not? (Or, are there any plans to implement this? Are there objections
to implementing this??

> > And is there a way for me to add aliases to another persons' keys? I
>
> No.
>
> I know these problems very well, but IMHO it is matter of the MUA
> to get this right.

Interesting idea, though. "local user ids." AFAIK, there's nothing in
OpenPGP that would prohibit this... though I could see users getting
upset if other people were able to export these addtional key ids.

Another solution would be a feature similar to PGP's "groups" option. You
could create a group with a single member in order to address the same
issues.

--

Len Sassaman

Security Architect            |  "Now it's all change --
Technology Consultant         |   It's got to change more."

http://sion.quickie.net       |              --Joe Jackson