Unknown header tag: FD. Meaning... what?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Nov 29 22:09:02 CET 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:34:50PM +0100, Harald Barrera Dubois wrote:
> Hello!
>
> First of all, I'm sorry if you don't understand my (personal)
> english, I'm going to get some lessons (I promise).
>
> Ok, I'm doing an application that uses PGP format for keyrings,
> ciphered messages, etc.  I have made a test to see if it is
> compatible with GNUPG but it is not ;-(
>
> My problem is that I can't regonize an unknown packet format (0xFD
> or 11.111101) Do you know what's the format of that packet?
> Where can I find info about it?

A packet with tag 0xFD is a GnuPG-specific comment packet (61).  You
can safely ignore them in your application.  If you don't want them
generated in the first place, use the --no-comment flag when you
export the key in question.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/