Adding recipients to an encrypted message?

Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
Tue Oct 2 16:26:01 CEST 2001

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:

> On Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:33:49 -0400 (EDT), mbp2  said:
> I can't think of a situation where you want to forward an encrypted
> message to another recipient without reading the message first.

Encrypted mailing lists could be implemented more efficiently if the
main message part would not have to be encrypted over and over again.
(Because of padding, the reused session key should not be a problem
even with RSA, but I'm not sure about that.)

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer at RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/