Sig classification (was Re: discussion on increasing amount of gpg signatures...)

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sun Oct 14 20:28:02 CEST 2001

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 01:10:40PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> At the moment, GnuPG (and PGP too) mark all signatures[1] as "I'm not
> going to say".  I think I feel a patch coming on..

Patch:
 http://www.jabberwocky.com/crypto/gnupg/patch.gnupg-1.0.6.dms.sigclass.1

Before you sign, GnuPG will prompt you for which level of
certification you want to use.  Answer "?" for an explanation of the
different levels.

This also changes key listings (in --edit-key and --list-sigs) to show
which certification level was used in making the signature.

No claim made as to how well it was checked:
 sig        3CB3B415 2001-10-14  David M. Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com>

Key was not checked at all:
 sig 1      3CB3B415 2001-10-14  David M. Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com>

Key was checked casually: