New GnuPG snapshot
wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 7 15:10:02 CEST 2001
after more than 3 months without any new tarballs, here is one:
Due to the large amount of changes, a lot of bugs will pop up and when
this versions says "THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT VERSION" - then it is no
joke. Please don't use this version with your regular keys. A lot of
code was changed and the keyrings might get messed up. Well, at least
the selftest works under GNU/Linux running on i386 and Alpha.
Please send bug reports to this mailing list only.
Here is a list of changes:
* New tool gpgsplit to split OpenPGP data formats into packets.
* New option --preserve-permissions.
* Subkeys created in the future are not used for encryption or
signing unless the new option --ignore-valid-from is used.
* Revoked user-IDs are not listed unless signatures are listed too
or we are in verbose mode.
* There is no default comment string with ascii armors anymore
except for revocation certificates and --enarmor mode.
* The command "primary" in the edit menu can be used to change the
primary UID, "setpref" and "updpref" can be used to change the
* Fixed the preference handling; since 1.0.5 they were erroneously
matched against against the latest user ID and not the given one.
* RSA key generation.
* Merged Stefan's patches for RISC OS in. See comments in
* It is now possible to sign and conventional encrypt a message (-cs).
* The MDC feature flag is supported and can be set by using
the "updpref" edit command.
* The status messages GOODSIG and BADSIG are now returning the primary
UID, encoded using %XX escaping (but with spaces left as spaces,
so that it should not break too much)
* Support for GDBM based keyrings has been removed.
* The entire keyring management has been revamped.
Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur
g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.
Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus
More information about the Gnupg-devel