LDAP keyserver patch

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Tue Sep 11 06:32:02 CEST 2001

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 09:38:09PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:03:02 -0400, David Shaw said:

> > The FSF web page says the OpenLDAP licence is not GPL-compatible.
> > Hence the comment in the code, as described on the FSF web page:

> The latest OpenLDAP release (2.0.3?) has a new license (2.7) which IMO
> is compatible to the GPL.

	Latest stable, according to their site (www.openldap.org),
is 2.0.11.  RedHat 7.1 has 2.0.7 on it.  RedHat 7.2 Beta2 has 2.0.11.

	Latest and greatest, according to the openldap site, is 2.0.14,
but I don't have any rpm builds of that and it's not even on RedHat
Rawhide.

	I'm just now getting this patch cooking with 1.0.6.  The ldap
patches serve a serious need in my case (a corporate commercial pgp
keyserver that's only serving up ldap).  This would be a nice addition.

	Getting the patch for 1.0.6a (or whatever it's leading up to)
would also be nice.

	Adding the patch to an rpm build directly proved impractical,
since it's patching configure.in and various .am files.  I had to patch
the 1.0.6 sources and then recreate a source tarball after running automake
and autoconf.  Then it would build under rpm with no patching (sorry, I
have to update rpm based systems without committing and excessive number
of random acts of terrorism).  Still have to add some files to the spec
file.

	Now to see if it works.  :-)  Project to terrorize our IT
department with tomorrow.  "Hey guys, I'm testing out the new gnupg
ldap code from Linux today.  Might want to keep and eye on that ldap
server for a bit!"  :-)  (Last time I added my Linux system to the
NT admin domain as a PDC and they freaked! :-) )

>   Werner

> --
> Werner Koch        Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur
> g10 Code GmbH      et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est.
> Privacy Solutions                                        -- Augustinus

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/