LDAP keyserver patch

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Sep 12 13:50:02 CEST 2001

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 06:14:25PM -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 12:01:20AM -0400, David Shaw wrote:

> > Let me know how it works for you.  I beat on it pretty hard before
> > releasing the patch.  Torment it a bit and see if you can break it :)
>
> 	Seems to work really nice.  There is one thing I can do with pgp,
> though, that doesn't seem to work.  Looks like the keyserver code only
> works with key ids.  If I try a user name, it fails.  I tried running
> gpgkeys_ldap directly and it refused to find the name even though I
> can specify "-kv {name} ldap://keyserver" to pgp and have that work
> perfect against the same key server.
>
> 	I suppose that will require a different flavor of search code.  :-)

Yes, that is intentional.  The current version emulates the existing
recv-keys/send-keys interface in GnuPG.  In future versions, I hope to
add user ID text searches.  It's actually fairly easy to search
textually (the server really does all the work), but there are issues
that need some thought to handle intelligently (for example, what if
someone searches on something like "*" :) )

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/