Some possible bugs in GnuPG v1.0.6a (at least on Win32)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Sep 17 12:15:01 CEST 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:15:47 +0200, Roger Sondermann said:

> 1. New -cs option (v1.0.6a):
> When using this option with --passphrase-fd 0, the given passphrase
> will be used for signing and for the symmetric encryption. So, either

Right, this is a problem and there is no easy way to solve
it. passphrase-fd does only work with a single passphrase; changing
it to read the passphrase at the time it is needed will break a couple
of applications which assume that the passphrase is read right as the
first line on stdin (they then proceed by feeding the input text to stdin).

A better way to handle this is by using --command-fd like GPGME does it
(see gpgme/sign.c on how to do it).

> GnuPG has problems updating the key-rings after e.g. getting a key
> from a server or after signing a key. I get a file-access error when

Huh? I never noticed such a problem.  But I have not yet tested on
Windows - expect problems there.