Weird behaviour with gpg

Miguel Coca e970095 at zipi.fi.upm.es
Thu Aug 22 20:23:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm experimenting really weird problems with gpg 1.1.91 and it's status
lines. I suspect there is a bug when initializing a new ~/.gnupg.

In the same machine, I have two users, one of them has my regular keyrings
and the other one was created specifically for testing with gpgme and gpg,
which uses a ~/.gnupg directory created by gpg 1.1.91.

For my regular user, when editing an expired key, the first status line I
get is KEYEXPIRED, and when I read that with gpgme I can emit an error.

For the second user, no such status line is ever emitted. I can even attempt
to sign the key, and, while I get a text message saying the key is expired,
the status line only tells me the next prompt has arrived.

It's not my options file, as I tried to copy that from one user to the
other.

I would appreciate any suggestions/fixes, as this will probably affect many
new users. If you need more details, do tell me.

Thanks,
Miguel Coca                                         e970095 at zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/