enabling the ldap keyserver plugin on HP-UX

David Ellement ellement at sdd.hp.com
Sat Aug 31 12:20:30 CEST 2002

On 020827, at 15:18:32, David Shaw wrote
> > I have the OpenLDAP 2.1.3 libraries installed, libldap and liblber.
> > The OpenLDAP configure script looks for resolv.h, which does find in
> > /usr/include.  (However, there is no libresolv in /usr/lib).
>
> Interesting.  Perhaps the dependencies are different on HP.  Can you
> try removing the -lresolv from the configure test? (leave -lldap and

I modified configure.ac and keyserver/Makefile.ac to remove -lresolv,
rebuilt configure and keyserver/Makefile.in, and ran configure.  It
passed, everything compiled, and 'make check' passed.

However, when I try specifying an ldap keyserver to pull a key, I
get the error message:

    gpgkeys: internal LDAP bind error: Can't contact LDAP server

Is this due to a bad compile? an inactive keyserver? blocking by our
firewall? (I am able to pull from hkp keyservers).

After digging a little deeper, I found the resolver routines are
part of the standard C library on HP-UX (/usr/lib/libc.sl).  I also
need to add '-lssl -lcrypto' via the environment variable LDFLAGS to
get the compile to succeed.

--
David Ellement