This key makes my gpg slow...

Miguel Coca e970095 at zipi.fi.upm.es
Wed Dec 4 12:29:01 CET 2002

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this a known problem.

I just imported key 10F4B2AA (gpg automatically imported it when reading
gnupg-users), and for some reason gpg now is much slower when listing keys.
Or, to be more precise, when listing that key:

        # This is my key, for reference
        $ time gpg --list-keys 27FC3CA8 >/dev/null

        real	0m0.066s
        user	0m0.050s
        sys	0m0.010s
        # This is the "slow" key
        $ time gpg --list-keys 10F4B2AA >/dev/null

        real	0m8.724s
        user	0m8.380s
        sys	0m0.010s

Somehow, I don't think it's normal that gpg takes 8 seconds to list a single
key :-)

This happens even on an empty keyring, using GnuPG 1.2.1.

Thanks,
Miguel Coca                                         e970095 at zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/