gpg doesn't recognize some sigs created with Emacs

Christian Biere cbiere at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Tue Dec 10 17:31:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I've found that gpg doesn't recognize signatures created with
Emacs/VM or Emacs/Gnus. The reason seems to be a whitespace at
the end of a line. If there's no whitespace before a linebreak,
gpg reports that the signature is valid. However, pgp 2.6.3i
recognizes all mails signed by these mailers as valid. I've tested
this with Mutt 1.4i. I assume this problem is about violating a
small part of the OpenPGP specs. Do you know about this problem?
Will it be fixed in future versions of GnuPG?

Christian