secring.gpg: file open error

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Tue Dec 17 11:45:02 CET 2002

Hola Noel,

thanks for your clarification.

What I wanted to poit out is: If gpg creates the directory .gnupg
from the scratch, as logged to the screen, it might be prepared
that secring.gpg, which is expected in directory .gnupg cannot
exist.

[...]
> gpg: /home/treutwei/.gnupg: directory created
> gpg: new configuration file `/home/treutwei/.gnupg/gpg.conf' created
> gpg: keyblock resource `/home/treutwei/.gnupg/secring.gpg': file open error
> gpg: keyring `/home/treutwei/.gnupg/pubring.gpg' created
> >
> > Is this a bug or a feature ?

[...]

--
	Bernhard Treutwein, IuK, Ref. III A 3