subscribe

chris jacoby chr1sjac0by at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 03:15:08 CET 2002

I am attempting to install GnuPG on an AIX server.
But I encountered an odd error during make:

gpg: out of  memory while allocating 8192 bytes

I received the same error when running the make check
same thing about the memory it has 8gb  ram you would
think that would be enough.

.o keydb.o  keyring.o seskey.o kbnode.o  mainproc.o
armor.o mdfilter.o  textfil
er.o misc.o openfile.o  keyid.o parse-packet.o
comment.o  status.o plaintext.o
ig-check.o  keylist.o signal.o verify.o
../cipher/libcipher.a ../mpi/libmpi.a .
/util/libutil.a ../zlib/libzlib.a ../intl/libintl.a
-liconv -ldl
Target "check" is up to date.

Making check in keyserver

Target "check" is up to date.

Making check in po

Target "check" is up to date.

Making check in doc

Target "check" is up to date.

Making check in checks

        ../g10/gpg --homedir . --quiet --yes --import
./pubdemo.asc
gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on homedir "."

gpg: out of  memory while allocating 8192 bytes

make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is
2.

Stop.

make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is
1.

Stop.