GnuPG PRNG insecure?

Sam Roberts sroberts at uniserve.com
Sat Feb 9 01:33:02 CET 2002

"just for the record, it does XOR the data"

I guess I'm missing something, too, because it certainly looks to me
like new data is assigned over data already in the pool, and my
understanding was XORing known values into a pool could not DECREASE
the entropy in the pool, but assigning seems to mean you'll lose some
of the current contents of the pool.

What am I missing, where's the XOR occuring?

Thanks,
Sam

Sam Roberts <sroberts at uniserve.com> (Vivez sans temps mort!)