Format of text and signature for GPGME

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Feb 18 15:28:01 CET 2002

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 07:08:09PM +0100, Laurent CHEYLUS wrote:
> I use GPGME library to develop GPG support in Balsa (MUA of Gnome) but I
> have some problems to verify a "PGP Signed Message" with
> "gpgme_op_verify" function :-(

Your problems are very likely the extraction of the correct plain text of
the e-mail.  You should read the relevant standard (rfc2015) to get all the
details how to compose and decompose OpenPGP MIME messages.

> My code is :

Your code seems to be fine.

> What must be the format for the PGP signed message and cleartext
> signature, in the "gpgme_op_verify" function ?

The same as for gpg on the command line.

> header  must be suppress ?

Oha.  That is not a MIME message, but an older format.  I am not sure we
support that in GPGME right now.  I could only make it work here by sending
the whole body to gpg, but we only support detached format right now.  This
will be fixed soon, though.

Thanks,
Marcus

--