Modify comments in GPG signature ?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Feb 27 16:40:01 CET 2002

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 03:37:11PM +0100, Laurent Cheylus wrote:

> is it possible to modify the lines "Version" and "Comment" in GPG
> cleartext signature with an option in command "gpg --clearsign" ?
>
> I don't want to parse the entire signature to modify these lines :-(
>
> Example :
> -------

> Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Pour information voir http://www.gnupg.org
>
> will be

> Version: Foo MUA with GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: See http://www.foo.org

"Version" is hardcoded into the program.  The most you can do is use
--no-version to make it not appear.  I suppose you could add one in
later if you wanted to.

"Comment" is changeable with --comment "this is my comment".

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/