problem with exporting subkeys

Janusz A. Urbanowicz alex at bofh.torun.pl
Thu Feb 28 15:59:02 CET 2002

David Shaw wrote/napisał[a]/schrieb:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 06:17:59PM +0100, Janusz A. Urbanowicz wrote:
>
> > First question: why ALL my secret keys in the packet? I supposed only
> > subkeys would go there.
>
> The structure of the secret primary key needs to still be there for
> various things to work.  However, the secret parts of the key are
> gone.  Compare the size of a --export-secret-key vs a
> --export-secret-subkeys.

Ok. But is there a way to export a _single_ subkey? I definitely need such
option. Specyfying subkey ID after --export-secret-subkeys exports all
subkeys (tested).

> > Second question: why GPG chokes on it?
>
> Judging from the listing you posted, it seems you did
> --export-secret-subkeys on a v3 key (mixed in with your v4 keys).  V3
> keys do not work with --export-secret-subkeys, and in fact cause the
> resulting file to be unusable.

'I' didn't do --export-secret-subkeys od na v3 key. What I did was to use
--export-secret-subkeys without a parameter which, I assumed, would export
only subkeys, thus not affecting a legacy v3 key without one.

Alex
--
C _-=-_ H| Janusz A. Urbanowicz | ALEX3-RIPE | SF-F Framling |         |   *