problem with exporting subkeys

Janusz A. Urbanowicz alex at bofh.torun.pl
Thu Feb 28 16:49:02 CET 2002

David Shaw wrote/napisał[a]/schrieb:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 03:50:15PM +0100, Janusz A. Urbanowicz wrote:
> > David Shaw wrote/napisa?[a]/schrieb:

> > > The structure of the secret primary key needs to still be there for
> > > various things to work.  However, the secret parts of the key are
> > > gone.  Compare the size of a --export-secret-key vs a
> > > --export-secret-subkeys.
> >
> > Ok. But is there a way to export a _single_ subkey? I definitely need such
> > option. Specyfying subkey ID after --export-secret-subkeys exports all
> > subkeys (tested).
>
> The single subkey isn't usable without the primary key (or rather, the
> primary key minus the secret parts of the key) attached, so exporting
> just a subkey won't really be helpful.  One way to do it would be to
> export the key with all subkeys and then --edit-key and "delkey" the
> subkeys you don't want.

By 'single subkey' I mean a secret subkey plus the whole data structure
required to maintain it. What I mean (and I would like to be able to) is
ability to be able to eport single subkeys (plus the whole stuff needed to
handle them) and not all at once. I'm not sure if I'm clear enough here.

Alex
--
C _-=-_ H| Janusz A. Urbanowicz | ALEX3-RIPE | SF-F Framling |         |   *