GnuPG Security Disaster?

Bernd Eckenfels lists at lina.inka.de
Thu Jan 3 15:25:02 CET 2002

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 10:00:55PM +1300, Bernard wrote:
> In a batch file, this works well as
> "echo [data]|gpg.exe --homedir[homedir] --always-trust
> --no-secmem-warning --batch --no-tty -r [recipient] -a -e
>
> In Java, it blocks even with 3 threads, 1 reader thread for stderr, 1
> reader thread for stdout, 1 main thread.

You need one for stdin as well. The reason for this is, that java is not
good (does not do) in async IO, and non blocking io with bussy polling is
out of the question. What kind of Streams do you use for the FDs? And which
command line do you execute? Are us using javaw.exe?

BTW: returning to your java experience with Cryptix: did you measured the
time to start java and then encrypt? in that case you should do the same
with your java GPG wrapper, and I dont think you see much speed difference
for small files like "hello".

Greetings
Bernd