trouble loading modules

Brian M. Carlson karlsson at hal-pc.org
Tue Jul 2 02:30:02 CEST 2002

I have compiled the skipjack and idea modules (I'm not planning on using
them, I just compiled them; I'm doing work with dynamic loading) and ran
the following command line:
bmc at stonewall:/tmp$ gpg --disable-cipher-algo IDEA --load-extension
./skipjack --load-extension ./idea --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.1.90
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compress: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB

Note that the cipher line displays neither. It still loads tiger from
/usr/local/lib/gnupg/. If I run it with -vvvv, it displays the following
lines (among others):
gpg: ./idea: IDEA ($Revision: 1.11 $)
gpg: ./idea: provides cipher algorithm 1
gpg: ./skipjack: Skipjack ($Revision: 1.1 $)
gpg: ./skipjack: provides cipher algorithm 101

But if I remove the disable line, it shows:
Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
SKIPJACK
Compress: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB

This is (almost) the latest cvs version. I updated it after you
released the snapshot.

--
Brian M. Carlson <karlsson at hal-pc.org> <http://decoy.wox.org/~bmc> 0x560553E7
A Law of Computer Programming: