GnuPG 1.1.90 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 2 10:48:01 CEST 2002

On Mon,  1 Jul 2002 15:53:29 -0500, Keith Ray said:

> Unless you are trying to imply that Microsoft's Platform SDK is wrong and
> yours is right, even though your library calls fail on Windows 2000, it

No, I expect severe bugs in all MS stuff.

> typedef struct _LARGE_INTEGER {
>   DWORD LowPart;
>   LONG  HighPart;
> } LARGE_INTEGER, *PLARGE_INTEGER;

> The correct version is:

> typedef union _LARGE_INTEGER {
>     struct {
>         DWORD LowPart;
>         LONG HighPart;
>     };
>     struct {
>         DWORD LowPart;
>         LONG HighPart;
>     } u;
>     LONGLONG QuadPart;
> } LARGE_INTEGER;

So MS broke there own API - all programs using this ioctl won't run on
W2000 when originally written for NT.  That is not how an ioctl should
be designed, they have to use a new one when they break there API.
Whoever, from their POV it is a good solution, customers have to buy
new vesions of everything.

BTW, IBM did it right for OS/2: you can still run all programs written
for version 2.0 on any 32 bit OS/2.

For our problem we can go the easy way and simply provide a buffer of
the appropriate length.  Let's hope NT 3 won't complain.

> I did, a month ago.  Try:

Yeah, I have a lot of mails still ticked and they will hopefully be
processed before the next release.

Thanks,