GnuPG 1.1.90 released

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 3 01:32:02 CEST 2002

* On 2002.07.02, in <20020702214823.GE4624 at akamai.com>,
*	"David Shaw" <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 04:24:09PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> >
> > Please give us a last call before 1.2 releases -- I'd like to lobby
> > again for a couple of submitted patches before 1.2 goes out.
>
> Which ones?  I've rolled a few of your patches in already :)

Ah, I had missed the Solaris DSO checkin -- I only read gnupg-commits
sporadically.  Thanks. :)

The other one was the --module-path option. I did this on a whim
because someone in gnupg-users wanted something like that, but it would
actually help me out, too -- currently I have to hand-edit g10defs.h
for every build, since some modules installed at the site are not
part of the gnupg distribution. (I posted this 6/25 in Message-ID:
<20020625211733.GC28533 at dust.uchicago.edu>.)

Actually, I was asked yesterday if G10_LOCALEDIR and GNUPG_DATADIR
could be controlled similarly, from the command line or options file.
If you think this might go in, I'd be willing to prototype the code
(if needed). --module-path could be transformed into a --prefix or
--extensions-prefix or some such thing.

AFS users might find this useful, too. I no longer use AFS, but I retain
great sympathy for the peculiar problems encountered by those who do. :)

--
 -D.			Fresh fruit enriches everyone.  Takes the thirst
 ENSA, NSIT		out of everyday time.  A pure whiff of oxygen,