gpgme license

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jul 25 15:13:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:20:48 +1200 (NZST), Peter Gutmann said:

> Flip a coin 128 times?  Anything you feel like.  Remember that while with PGP
> the keyIDs are implicit (which is a royal pain IMHO), with X.509 they're

With an explicit subjectKeyIdentifier we need to agree on a way to
store it in a PGP key.  Or we agree on how to use implictly create a
subjectKeyIdentifier from a PGP key.

This thread started with incompatibilties between different
applications and a non-standardized way of creating a
subjectKeyIdentifier for PGP would lead to such incompatibilties.

Salam-Shalom,