gpgme license

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jul 25 17:46:01 CEST 2002

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:
>On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 02:13:01 +1200 (NZST), Peter Gutmann said:
>>I've been using "issuerAndSerialNumber" to represent the iAndS in PGP data,
>>using "subjectKeyIdentifier" would be a logical extension.  I have a draft
>>(informational) RFC documenting this at the nowhere-near-ready-for-publication
>>stage :-).
>
>Great, might become the first assigned notation data key.  I now recall that
>we once talked about this.

Actually it'll be unassigned notation data, since the RFC doesn't include an
IANA considerations section telling you how to register keys.  I used the
supposed-to-be-registered format because I assumed I wouldn't be the only one
who'd need to use those keys, and wanted to avoid a mass of
issuerAndSerialNumber at random-FQDN values.

Peter.