gpgme 0.3.8: 3 questions, 2 bugs & 1 request

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jul 25 19:09:03 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 09:52:15PM +0200, Stéphane Corthésy wrote:
> First, the questions: gpgme introduced some new calls which are yet
> undocumented.
> - What are the IO callbacks used for? In which cases should I use them?

Please read the section "Using External Event Loops" in the manual, and see
tests/gpg/t-eventloop.c for an example how to use it.

> Now, two bugs:
> - The new function gpgme_op_keylist_ext_start() doesn't behave the same
> way as gpgme_op_keylist_start() when we pass it only one pattern.

Thanks, I fixed this.  Empty patterns "" are now always ignored (which means
you get all keys).

> - The ownerTrust attribute is not listed by gpgme_key_get_as_xml()

I added this, thanks for reporting it.

> Finally, here's a request: I need to be able to set the --charset option

As Werner said, we should always use utf8.  I made this change, so the
charset in the options file is ignored.

Thanks,
Marcus

--