keyserver interface for quering for revocation cert?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Jul 31 21:59:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 06:22:18PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Does gpg query keyservers for revocation certs currently?  What would
> an interface for doing that look?

It doesn't exactly.  It queries for the key itself, and if a
revocation cert is attached, it uses it.

> Btw, I'm now running the CKS pgp keyserver and I'm serving PGP keys
> via DNS from its postgres database.  Only normal certificates though.
> I'll release the server part and the updated client soonish.

Excellent.  I made the URI changes in the GnuPG keyserver code that we
discussed, so it is now possible to specify both a raw URI method
("dns:") as well as a method+opaque ("dns:whatever"), and a
method+host ("dns://whatever").

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/