Getting a photo

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Sun Jun 2 05:55:01 CEST 2002

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 03:51:12PM -0400, Gordon Worley wrote:
> I'm trying to get a photo out of GnuPG.  I tried doing the following:
>
> gpg --photo-viewer 'cat %i' --show-photos --list-keys [keyid]
>
> and then I have the process which spawned the gpg task take the standard
> output of gpg.  The problem is that I also get key info which comes
> before and after the photo data.  Is there any way that I can list keys
> without having them actually print anything to the standard output?

You're on OSX, aren't you?  You can do something like:

  photo-viewer "cat > ~/photoid-for-key-%k.%t"

then just grab the jpg file and do with it whatever you like.

If you don't want to deal with the temp file, or just like getting the
data as a stream, you could try creating a named pipe (via mkfifo),
and catting the jpg data into it with something like

  photo-viewer "cat > my-named-pipe"

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/