Secret key storage questionReply-To:

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Jun 20 16:56:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 03:19:13PM +0200, Arno Wagner wrote:

> If the user enters a PIN into the PC, the PC could misuse the then-knowen
> PIN as long as it has access to the card. There are solutons for
> that, usually involving some direct interaction between card
> and user. There could e.g. be a display in the card and the user has
> to read some random number from it and type it into the PC
> to authorize one transaction. Some smart-cards also have numeric
> keyfield for PIN entry.

Yes.  There is an interesting article on the net somewhere about how
PDAs (Palm Pilots, etc) can be used as excellent smart cards.  Once
GnuPG supports smart cards in general, I hope to find some time to
work on a Palm smartcard application.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/